Tuesday, July 7, 2009

TO SUMMER... A BEAUTIFUL AFFAIR


I can see a white beach,
The sands as pure, as breath taking as a newborn's smile and cry...

I flirt with the idea of holding your hand,
Being lifted up off the ground, so that my longing lips meet yours in a mind-wrecking explosion...

I laugh.
I laugh my heart out till I cry.
Because in you , 'Summer', I've found a peculiar joy.

Even as I whispered harmless rhymes to you at night;
Over the phone,
Beneath the lamp-post's seductive aura of soft light...

My girlish imagination toyed with the idea of being in your arms;
You caressed my cheeks,
You stroked my hair,
You smoothed those masculine fingers down my hips...

Oh! Summer!
I blush, even at the thought of it all,
So that my cheeks burn as hot and as bright as your companion;
the sun.

Then I go to bed each hot Summer's night;
My body burning from your heat,
Yet I wish that the heat was initiated by your warm kisses on my neck and bosom...

A heat, escalated by your own dear presence beside me;
As we turn over the questions in our heads:

"Should I ask Summer to stay?"
OR
"Should I give way to 'Cold Autumn'?"

"Should I ask her to pick berries from my stock?"
OR
"Should I let her go?"

Truth is,
I love Summer.
I'd like to experience the fusion of us two,
For my star is Aries as fiery as your sun.
Then I'd love to play with your leaves,
Imagine them to be your gorgeous hair.

Then I'd love for you, Summer, to devour me, as though
You were a wicked forest fire, ravishing any beautiful maple or weeping willow in its path.

Then, finally, we'd resurface and lay- body to heart and heart to soul-

And I'd awake upon the beach,
wishing that you'd look at me, the way you look at the picturesque picnic lay-out that you've set for us two,
Kindred spirits, near the
rolling waters that wash away my fantasy...

On a hot Summer's evening.

[It was definitely a beautiful affair, while it lasted.]

APIORKOR .S. ASHONG

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! *Applauding*. Hi Apiorkor, I think this blog of yours is great, the text is wonderful. However it needs to made more presentable. I gladly offer my help in making that happen. Take a look at this: http://gogoled.blogspot.com. if you like what you see leave me a comment or something an I'll get started.

Anonymous said...

Ok, To change the layout of your site. I'd need access to your Blog's Template. To work at this at a faster rate you'd need to add me as a co-blogger of your blog temporarily. This would allow me access to the Blog's template.I can work on the presentation from there. My email address is aardvak[at]live[dot]com.Lets communticate by email ok.