Monday, July 6, 2009

TO FORSAKEN LOVE... FAIRYTALE


I once walked upon a red carpet.
I was surrounded by pink, yellow, blue, red... A garden of flowers.

And adorning my neck was a piece of diamonds and rubies and gold.
My hair was coloured with the most delicate of water lilies; white to signify purity and happiness.
My fingers dazzled in the sun- kissed breeze.
And my feet were oiled with a sweetly- scented parfum.
A dress of silk and honey- yellow clasped my frame;
I felt beautiful and I believed I looked beautiful.

The crown of it all was not my glistening tiara, but the Halo that encased my heart.
The one that HE placed there.
He LOVED me... or at least I thought he did.

My heart was ripe for him and he plucked it. He embalmed it with his healing salve.
And my wounds were soothed,
and they got better, gradually, until no scars remained...

And then, I was happy again.

At that point I should have been snapped back into reality.
I should have lost all vulnerabilities to you,
I should have lost all dependency upon you.

But I was a fool!
I let my guard down and I became a simpleton.

For it was at that very point that you began to imprint a deeper, redder, more painful wound upon my heart.
And now, a GAPING hole is what I have to show for a FAIRYTALE Romance.

Now, all I have is memories.
No more necklaces.
No more flowers.
No more sun.
No more tiaras.
No more lilies.
No more dresses or delicate parfums and oils.
No more love.
No more passion...

I do not regret, ever welcoming you into my life, my world, my very being!

But, Oh!
How I wish our FAIRYTALE could have remained as such!

For my heart, it once beat for you.
And it now bleeds for the lack of you.

I pray you remain Happy and Blessed.
For I love you and wouldn't pray for anything less.

Yet, you must know that for every drop of blood that escapes my battered heart;
You will receive a grave punishment, from APHRODITE, the good goddess of love...

APIORKOR .S. ASHONG

3 comments:

kofi said...

i,m speechless.speechless.

Council said...

all i can say is wowww....words seem to escape me.all i can say is amazing.cant wait to read more

Anonymous said...

Hey. Giv us mor of this love stuf.. Really gud look